Here’s what you need to MAKE SURE gets setup after your iPad gets wiped – or better yet, BEFORE something happens to your iPad.
The Short List
- iCloud signed in to your MDS email address
- iCloud Backup ON
- Google Drive – signed in, Pix auto-backup
- Notability – backing up to Google Drive
- Setup Email
The Detailed List
This will make it faster to setup your iPad in case of a disaster.
- Settings –> iCloud
- Make sure you are signed in. You should see YOUR MDS EMAIL at the top. If you have used a different email address, CHANGE IT NOW. If you want to know why, ask Mr. Rule.
- Turn iCloud Backup ON – and start a backup.
Automatically backup your pictures and videos after you take them.
- Sign in to Google Drive
- Look for the 3 stacked lines, top left. [It’s called a “hamburger menu”].
- Click it.
- Select Settings…..
- Select Photos
- Turn ON both sliders at the top [Use Google Photos folder, Autobackup].
- Sometimes the “Google Photos” option is grayed out. I don’t know why. Let me know if you figure it out.
Automatically back up everything in Notability to a folder on Google Drive.
- Fire up Notability
- Bottom Left corner – click the gear icon [settings]
- Google Drive
- Give it permission
- Settings –>Email
- Add new account
- It’s a GOOGLE account
- Fill in the fields – should be easy to figure out.
- When you get to the screen with 4 sliders – turn all 4 of them green, then hit SAVE