If you are having trouble printing on your iPad – AND other students **can** print – here are some things to check:
Are you printing to the correct printer? A surprising number of students stand by one printer while their documents is being printed in the other building.
Bump your Network.
This is more than just turning your Wi-Fi off and then on. You want your iPad to “forget” the MDS-student network, then reconnect it. This often clears the decks and allows your ipad to find the printer.
Google Drive: DRIVE.MOUNTDESALES.NET
Library Catalog: LIBRARY.MOUNTDESALES.NET [only available on campus]
Also at ARC.MOUNTDESALES.NET
VIDEO.MOUNTDESALES.NET [only available on campus. MDSStudent / cavaliers ]
First, some advice:
- LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION – over 90% of the time you should be shooting in Landscape orientation [a.k.a. SIDEWAYS]. The ONLY time Portrait Orientation is preferred is if 99% of your audience will be looking at the video on their phone, AND they don’t know how or are too lazy to turn their phone sideways.
- GOOD AUDIO IS IMPORTANT. After all, without it you just created a silent movie. Talk louder than you think, and be aware of all the noise that it around you [try closing your eyes and listening to the sounds around.]
- PLAN what is going to happen – it will save time. What shots do you want? What sounds? Where? Who is going to be in it?
Here’s a good process to follow when creating a video
- Shoot your footage.
- Get too much video – it’s easier to delete extra material than to stretch out material because you don’t have enough.
- Put the clips in rough order.
- Add titles.
- Record your voiceover, if you are going to add one.
- After recording bump the volume up as much as you can – avoid a lot of red in the waveform, though a bit is usually OK. Your ears will tell you.
- Watch it 5 times – look for problem spots and fix them.
- Export the movie and send it on its way. Google Drive is a good place to stash video.
Some Online Help: