The MUST list:
- you MUST use your MDS email address
- you MUST use your Moodle password [or if your moodle password is missing a number, add 1871 to the end of it. Ask Mr. Rule is you don’t know the significance of that date.]
The WHY list:
- because it will allow restoring your data if your iPad has to be wiped [MUCH faster and easier than the alternative]
- because you can use Find My iPad when [not “if”] you misplace your iPad [saving many headaches]
The HOW List:
On your iPad:
- Settings –> iCloud
- Create an account
- Type in your birthday
- Use an existing email [NOT an iCloud email]
- Set the email address and password – remember, MDS email address, moodle password
- Answer the security questions.
- DO NOT setup a rescue email.
- Open your email – look for an email from Apple, It will ask you to click on a link, Do so to complete the process.
- Back in the Settings app –> iCloud, it should say your name and your MDS email address at the top.
- Confirm the Find My iPad is turned ON.
- Confirm Backup is Turned ON.
- Start a Backup. Seriously. Right now.
These instructions were from memory, and so might be a tad off. Use your common sense if/when reality diverges from this list.