Make sure you got all of these tasks completed on your iPad – believe me, it will save you some hassles down the road!
ONE: Connected to the correct network [MDS-student or MDS-middle]. Look at Settings -> WiFi
TWO: Signed into Drive [use your MDS email address and password].
THREE: Notability backing up to Drive automagically. [Fire up notability, Click the Gear icon, then AutoBackup. Select “Google Drive” and get logged in. THEN select PDF+Recording as the format.]
FOUR: Email setup. [Fire up email, select Google as the account type, and log in using your MDS email address and password. Remember that your MDS email is firstname.lastname@example.org.]
FIVE: AppleID setup – this is a bit more complicated because we are in a campuswide transition.
- IF you have a regular AppleID [that you setup yourself – primarily Upper school students]:
- Then your AppleiD is your MDS email and MDS password – OR whatever you set it to. If you can’t remember, click the “I forgot”: or “Password Reset” link and follow the instructions.
- If you are getting a message saying your password has expired, please let Mr. Rule know at the ipad email address. [ipad@……]
- IF you have a “managed AppleID” – middle school students:
- ….and yours is already setup, then you login with your MDS email address and PROBABLY your MDS password. Some students have a variant on your MDS password for the AppleID – your teacher has access to that information.
- ….and you have never setup your AppleID, then there is a “temp” password available.
Regular AppleID accounts allow you to sue Find My iPad to locate your ipad, and have 5gigs of online storage. Managed AppleID accounts allow you to login to the shared iPads in the middle school, AND have 200gig of online Cloud storage.
Both allow you to access your data and use apps like Keynote, Numbers, etc. at iCloud.com