General info relating to the network, printers, gizmos, and such.
My mother would call this the “miscellaneous” category,
but that word is too difficult to type.
- iCloud and Google Drive -
We use Google Drive for most data storage on campus. You SHOULD have your Notability backing up to
- Powerschool LMS - troubles logging in, getting things done -
The LMS system is being overwhelmed, which is one reason why so many are having trouble logging in. Note that this is a cloud-based product, and
- Make the Internet Not-So-Scary -
There are people [and machines that people set up] that are constantly scanning the internet, trying to see if there are holes or unlocked doors
- Something Scary, pt 3. -
A live Cyber Threat map that lists when and where Malware, Phishing, and Exploit attacks are occurring. BILLIONS of attacks each day are
- Something Scary, pt 2 -
The below is a Cyber Threat Map from FireEye that animates threats as they are tracked by FireEye's servers. The screen shows which countries the
- Something Scary, part 1 -
Halloween is coming, so here's something really scary - a live map showing you Top DDoS attacks happening across the planet.
DDoS = Distributed
- Why would someone hack my old PC? -
There is potentially a lot of useful / sellable info on that old PC that you haven't used in a while.
What your old hacked PC can be used for by
- iCloud - how to setup your account - The MUST list:
you MUST use your MDS email address
you MUST use your Moodle password [or if your moodle password is missing a number, add
- When you have a guest on campus and they need wireless access - The details will vary depending on what device you use, but here is the overview:
Set your device to join the network MDS-public
In the Login