It is CRITICAL that you have your Notability notes backing up to Drive, AND in the correct format. This lets you retrieve your Notes using ANY internet enabled device, and the Notes are backed up as you create each one.
Another advantage: If you delete a note from your iPad, it does NOT get deleted from Drive.
Here’s how to set this up:
We are [slowly] migrating to using managed AppleIDs. BEFORE you switch away from your old one:
- Fire up Notability
- Switch to Settings
- Select iCloud
- TURN IT OFF
- Select “Keep on my iPad”
- Switch to Autobackup.
- Make ABSOLUTELY certain your files are backing up to Google Drive
- If they aren’t, set that up RIGHT NOW
- Swipe out of Notability
- Settings –> Sign into your Managed AppleID.
This will keep you from losing all of your Notability notes when you switch.
If you were switching to a Managed AppleID, and forgot [or didn’t know to] turn OFF the iCloud Sync in Notability….. then all of your Notes just vanished.
No worries…. IF you followed the directions at the start of the school year and setup Google Drive sync.
MDS Tech – Notability: Backup to Drive, Retrieve from Drive (mountdesales.net)
Open the Drive app and find the Notability folder where your current Notes live. [You very well might have more than one, and the 2nd or 3rd one might be inside another one.]
- Recreate your Dividers
- Select one of them
- Click and HOLD on the “New note” icon, select “Import” and Google Drive
- Navigate to the Notability folder. Once you have moved inside the folder that matches the Divider, you can either
- click the individual files you need to download, or
- click the “import all” button at the bottom.
- Do this for every divider you need.