- Doubleclick the Home button
- Swipe up out of all the running apps
- Press and hold the top power button until the slider “Swipe to Power Down” appears.
- Swipe it.
- Once the screen goes black, count SLOWLY to 30.
- Press and hold the power button until the Apple Logo appears. Then let go.
- Wait a long while – apps should start installing again.
Tag Archives: download
iPad App Portal
New to the ipads this year is the App Portal, a place where students can download a selection of apps to their iPad.
No – not just any apps in the store. You won’t see Clash of Clans there…. or even Instagram.
The app list will grow from its current state, so keep on eye on it or keep watching WMDS, where we’ll be making announcements.
Once you download an app, you will not be able to delete it. So what do you do if you’ve downloaded something from the portal and want to get rid of it?
Email iPad [at] mountdesales.net – tell the iPad Guy what app THAT YOU DOWNLOADED FROM THE PORTAL you’d like to be deleted from your iPad.
GOT AN IDEA FOR AN APP TO ADD?
Don’t email the iPad Guy. Requests must come from faculty and administration!
iBook not downloading?
If your purchased iBook is not downloading, here are a couple of things to doublecheck:
- Make sure you are indeed on the network. Try going to an OFF-campus website [hamsandwichtees.com, for example]. If it’s time to re-up your network subscription, the login screen should popup.
- Reboot your machine. Hold down the power button until the “Slide to Turn Off” slider pops up.
- Make sure you have room for the book on your iPad. Settings –> About, and then look at “Available“.
- Try clicking the download icon on the book again – and leave the app open and the iPad on for a while. If nothing changes after 15 minutes, then it’s time to call in Support.
Before you go the the website and contact Apple Support, make a note of these things about your iPad. This will save some time. Open up Settings –> About:
- iPad Model
- AppleID used in iBooks
Then surf over to this page: https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action
- You want help with iTunes
- iTunes Store
- Connecting & downloading
- Incomplete or interrupted downloads
Then you get to choose how you want to communicate with tech support – email, chat windows, etc.
How long this process will take will change depending on the day, time of day, how many other people are trying to get technical support help, etc.
SAVE TME AND AGGRAVATION. FOLLOW THIS ADVICE:
- Be as specific as possible about the problem. Don’t just say “well, it’s like it kinda does this“. Write down what the error message is [if there is one], or describe what the exact problem is [“I redeemed the code and the book is not downloading.”]
- Speak/Type clearly. Enunciate. use complete sentences, correct grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Good communication gives the impression of intelligence, and you’re more likely to get better help.