Early Turnin – Upper School:
Wed – Fri May 11 – 13, probably in DS1. This is ONLY for those who want to turn in the iPads early, AND do not need them for exams.
Regular Turnin – Upper School
Exam week, Mon – Wed May 16-18, DURING SCHOOL HOURS, in the ARC. We will be open for an hour past the end of the last exam each day.
Regular Turnin – Middle School
Your teacher will let you know when they know. DO NOT BUG THEM ABOUT IT.
HOW TO GET READY
You can save yourself a TON of time by getting your ipad ready in advance.
- Make sure your photos are backed up to Drive [CLICK HERE]
- Make sure your Notability notes are being backed up [ CLICK HERE ]
- Make sure your iPad has AT LEAST a 20% charge. We WILL NOT accept any iPad with less than that – you can either plug it in and wait, or come back later.
- Bring your cable and charger. make sure it is an IPAD charger [larger], not an iPhone charger [ small].
- Remove your Passcode.
–> This is a link to the Setup Slideshow. <–
Get on the network [Settings –> WiFi]
Choose MDS-Student. MDS*****, your standard password.
Check to make sure things are setup.
- Mail [if setting up your account, choose the Google/Gmail option]
- Drive – open it and login
- Notability autobackup – first screen, Gear icon on bottom left, Autobackup. Make sure Google Drive is turned on.
Step Three [only for Upper School]
Step three for 8th grade is at the bottom of the page.
Login to your AppleID [Settings –> top left column]
IF YOU HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID ALREADY:
- Login with your mds email
- If your mds password has at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number, your AppleID password if likely to just be your MDS password.
- If your MDS password is missing a number, try add 1871 to the end.
- If it is missing an uppercase or lowercase letter, try changing the case of the first letter in your password.
- If you changed it and have forgotten – go through the reset process again.
- If things just don’t work, reset your password.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Three words: FIND MY IPAD
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID:
You need to set one up.
Easiest way is to surf over to appleid.apple.com
- Use your mds email address
- Use your MDS password
- Security questions: your call. These are only used to retrieve your password if you forget it.
- You’ll have to click on a link in an email to complete the setup.
- It will also ask for a phone number to setup “multifactor authentication”. Make sure you use a phone you can access.
- THEN on the iPad go to Settings –> click on the left column top and get logged in.
Google Photos –> set to autobackup your pix/vids
Fire up Google Photos
You should see the options there. “Original Quality” is OK.
Step Three for 8th Grade
A. If you are a returning student to MDS, AND your AppleID is already setup, AND you know what the password is:
- Login to AppleID [top of the left column]
- Your password SHOULD be the same as your MDS password.
B. If you are a new-to-MDS student
OR for some reason never setup your school-managed AppleID:
- You will need your MDS password AND the temporary AppleID password for your account. Your teacher has that information.
- Settings –> Login to AppleID [at the top of the left column].
- Your AppleID email address is your email@example.com [For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: SOME students will have a “.1” – for example email@example.com. The system made that happen – send an email to the ipad account if you’d like to know why.
- It will ask you for a password – use the TEMPORARY PASSWORD you have been given.
- THEN the system will ask you to create a new password:
- First, in the “Old password” section, type in the TEMPORARY password you were given. [This is the last time you will use it.]
- For “new password”, use your standard MDS password. If the system doesn’t like yours, ask for help.