Backing up Notability to Drive
First, Open Notability.
2. On the screen where your documents are listed, at bottom left, click the gear icon.
3. Select AutoBackup.
4. if Google Drive has a checkmark, your files are being backed up. Look at the bottom of the box to check the location – the iPad Guy suggests /Notability/ as the location [i.e. inside a folder named “Notability”]
If there is NO checkmark, then click on the text Google Drive. Login.
5. IMPORTANT: In the File Format section, change the selection from “note” to PDF+Recording”. This is so you can open up your notes just about anywhere.
Getting files from Drive into Notability
- Get your Dividers and Subjects setup in Notability
- Select a location[folder] in Notability.
THEN select what to import. Drive is organized just like notability was – if you had folders/dividers in Notability, then you will see folders in Drive, inside the Notability folder.
Your Notability selection is WHERE the files will be imported to.
- You will need to do this for each folder/divider you set up.
Once you get Notability setup:
- Open up Notability
- Click the icon, top right, that looks like a square with an arrow going INTO it
- Select Google Drive
- It should automatically show you the Notability folder on your Drive.
- Select what you’d like to import.
REMEMBER THAT Folders on Drive = “Subjects” in Notability.
WANT HELP KEEPING YOUR NOTABILITY MATERIAL ORGANIZED?