There are dozens upon dozens of apps you can download from the MDS App Portal. CLICK HERE to see the list, divided up by general categories.
[NOTE: You do have to be signed in to your MDS Google Account to view the info.]
If you are viewing this blog entry on the Tech website, you can click the “APP PORTAL” link, above.
Feel Free to download any of the apps you’d like to explore!
Have an app you don’t want anymore? Send a request to the iPad email, or to Mr. Rule to have it removed.
Want to see if your iPad has enough room? Call up Settings -> General -> About and look at iPad Storage. You should see a line telling you how much open storage you have available.
ADVICE: Leave at least 3gig open on your iPad. It will start misbehaving and causing you headaches if you don’t.
IOS 13 and Aleks have made some changes. If you are unable to get your Aleks work done on your iPad, try switching the version that your iPad is using – Mobile vs. Desktop.
Covered first: Safari, then Chrome, then Firefox.
- Call up Aleks website and login.
- Click on the little aA icon, to the left of the web address at the top of the window
3. Select “Request Mobile Site” or “Request Desktop Site”.
4. The page will reload. Test it to see if you can get your work done.
Other ways in Safari:
There are two other ways to get to the “Request Desktop Site” selection:
- Touch and hold the REFRESH button at the top
- Tap on the SHARE icon [looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing OUT of it]
Setting to request Desktop site from ALL websites, or not
- Settings –> Safari–> REquest Desktop Website [it is in the “SETTINGS FOR WEBSITES” section
- Set the slider as you wish – green = Desktop sites will be requested.
Click the three dots at the top of the window and “Request Desktop Site”