Click for Video
Recording Audio into a note.
AFTER this was recorded they updated Notability and added some extra features. I’ve recorded a demo and saved it as a Notability Note so you can hear/see what the new features are.
If they are not in a folder shared with you, then email tech for access.
Click for Video
Adding Material to Notes
1. Click on title to change it
2. TWO FINGER SCROLL to move the screen up and down.
3. Pencil Tool, Highlighter –> Hold onto tool to set line size, color, and & simple vs. fancy lines
4. Eraser – swipe to erase something
5. Scissors – slice into pieces, move around anything bitmap [what I call squiggles]
6. Text options
- Click tool, then click on page where you want to type
- On keyboard, top left symbols are the TAB keys |<– –>|
- Extra fonts available, probably have to be connected online to access them
- Close keyboard by clicking key on bottom right corner
- Shortcut: to access numbers, etc for only one character, click on .?123 key, DRAG up into the character you want. When you release, the keyboard switches back to the letters.
- Split Keyboard: handy when typing and holding the iPad. Click both thumbs on keyboard, drag them apart. Smush them back together when done with it
- A B C = setup quick styles by holding onto the tool, selecting fonts, etc.
7. Pages – click stack of pages icon, top right.
8. Text Box – overlay box onto document. Useful for filling out PDF forms
- Select Text tool, click and hold, select “+Text” button
- OR click the + tool, select Sticky–> Text
- Can change the background, size, etc – separately from the other text.
- Text Wrap – ON = text near the box separates around the box.
OFF = Text around the box moves away from the box.
Click for video
When in the Library:
- Click and Hold on a note, in the middle of the line = Duplicate it.
- Click and Hold on the Note ICON = can move it to another subject/divider
- CLick on the Note title = rename it.
- Select Note, click on Trash Can = Delete Note
Top Left Corner:
PLUS tool: Add a subject or Divider.
- Click edit, then drag subjects to different location.
- Click the Gear icon on a subject to change color, icon, etc.
Good way to think when starting a new process:
Start by knowing what you want to accomplish, THEN figure out the steps.
Export/Import Tool [icons are Rectangle with an Arrow in or out]
1. Set Destination
- iTunes: hook up to another computer and load into iTunes for transfer
- Google Drive – can select destination folder, export type
2. Export Type
- PDF – what you see is what see, can change it, but CAN write “on top” of it. Can choose to keep the background [“paper”].
- RTF – useful if you want text to be transferred into a word processor. CAN export images and notes, but apparently only openable on Macs [according to the Help document]
- NOTE – Notability’s native file format. Openable only in Notability.