We have recently received several emails and comments stating that getting into Schoology and Powerschool has been a bit flaky.
All of the commenters were using their phones and the respective apps to try and access their accounts.
MDS Tech’s advice:
When the apps refuse to work, fire up a web browser and access the information that way. You get the same info, just via a different route.
Select “Log into your School”. DO NOT select “Login with Schoology” – that will not work.
The “Normal” way, using the app
- AFTER you have logged in, fire up Notability, call up your assignment.
- Select “Share….”, then select Schoology.
- You will be prompted to select a class, assignment, etc.
But if the app is not working for some reason, here is another path:
Using the Web
- Surf to LMS.mountdesales.net, and get logged in.
- In Notability, Select “Share…”.
- Select “Save to Files….”
- Suggestion: Create a folder named after your class, or the teacher.
- Save the file.
- Switch to the web browser and your class, then call up the assignment.
- Click on the File icon [it is next to the microphone]. Select “From Your iPad”.
- That should call up the files app, where you can select your file and upload it.
Using Google Docs with Schoology
If you are creating text using Google Docs to submit to Schoology, you first need to convert it to a PDF before submitting.
- Press the three dots next to the doc
- Press send a copy
- Select pdf format
- Save to files
[Thanks to Russell Gregory].
There are two powerschool apps on your ipad:
Powerschool Learning, used to access the LMS, and
Powerschool, used to check grades and such.
Make sure you are using the correct app!
- You can also access the LMS by opening a web browser [Chrome, for example] and surfing to LMS.mountdesales.net
- Access to Grades are blocked during the school day. Access is opened back up around 3:00 pm.