If you have apps on your ipad that are “black” or “grayed out” or just “won’t work”, here are some things to try:
- First, make sure you have a live connection to the internet. Fire up a web browser and visit a website you’ve never visited before. Then plugin your iPad and wait a half-hour to see if anything changes.
- If nothing has changed, then do the “iPad Reboot Dance“:
Swipe out of all your running apps,
then press AND HOLD the power button on the top of your iPad.
Swipe to turn it off.
Wait 2 minutes, and power it back on.
THEN plugin your iPad and wait a while, to see if anything changes.
- Try clicking on one of the dark apps – sometimes that gets the install process kickstarted.
If NOTHING works, then send an email to IPAD – listing what apps are dark.
A little bit o’ history for you – ever wondered where the whole idea of having websites, shopping carts, links, and all that came from?
well, why not? They had to come from somwhere!
CLICK HERE to find out….and marvel at how simplistic those early screens were.
Sometimes when app are installing while you are at school, then you go home, then come back to school the next day, the app install process hangs.
To jumpstart the process so the rest of your apps come in:
- Doubleclick the Home button
- Swipe up out of all the running apps
- Press and hold the top power button until the slider “Swipe to Power Down” appears.
- Swipe it.
- Once the screen goes black, count SLOWLY to 30.
- Press and hold the power button until the Apple Logo appears. Then let go.
- Wait a long while – apps should start installing again.