BEFORE YOU TURN IT IN:
- Components required: iPad, Apple certified iPad block, cable, case/screen
- iPad MUST have at least a 20% charge
If the charge is under 20%, you will step aside to complete this task during the turn in process.
- Passcode must be ALL ZEROS.
If this needs to be done, you will step aside to complete this task during the turn in process.
- iPad is to be powered on, at the home screen
If the iPad is powered off, you will step aside to complete this task during the turn in process.
- Patience, Patience, Patience – plan for 10+ minutes – there is paperwork!
- You **MUST** turn the iPad in yourself. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Turn in ONLY to Mrs. Andrews or Mr. Rule in the ARC.
- –> YOU <– must turn in your own iPad.
- not a friend
- not a sibling
- not a parent
- not a relative
- not a stranger
- ONLY YOU
TIMELINE FOR SENIOR iPAD TURN IN
IPAD TURN IN STARTS MONDAY 4/19/21 AND ENDS ON 4/22/21 UNLESS AN EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT.
- ALL exceptions must be coordinated with Mrs. Andrews
Come to the ARC. The only individuals to check in senior iPads are Mrs. Andrews and Mr. Rule. We are expecting the senior to come with his/her iPad – no siblings, no parents, no friends, just Seniors! (NO EXCEPTIONS)
By the end of the day on 4/22/21, all seniors have either turned in their iPad/components to an individual in the ARC – OR – there is an email to email@example.com about the return date.
If you have one or several iPad apps that are “dark”, still installing, and/or giving you a message saying you need to purchase the app from the app store when you click on it, here is what to do:
If you only have a couple of them, check to see if the app is available in the app portal. If it is, try to install it from there.
However, if you have many:
Take the iPad home. Make sure it is connected to your home network. Plug it in. Leave it alone – don’t even TOUCH it – overnight.
If that doesn’t work:
Bring your iPad by the ARC when you can be without it for several hours – either first thing in the morning, or after 12:30.
–> This is a link to the Setup Slideshow. <–
Get on the network [Settings –> WiFi]
Choose MDS-Student. MDS*****, your standard password.
Check to make sure things are setup.
- Mail [if setting up your account, choose the Google/Gmail option]
- Drive – open it and login
- Notability autobackup – first screen, Gear icon on bottom left, Autobackup. Make sure Google Drive is turned on.
Step Three [only for Upper School]
Middle school, please see the slideshow link above, or the text at the bottom of this article.
Login to your AppleID [Settings –> top left column]
IF YOU HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID ALREADY:
- Login with your mds email
- If your mds password has at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number, your AppleID password if likely to just be your MDS password.
- If your MDS password is missing a number, try add 1871 to the end.
- If it is missing an uppercase or lowercase letter, try changing the case of the first letter in your password.
- If you changed it and have forgotten – go through the reset process again.
- If things just don’t work, reset your password.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Three words: FIND MY IPAD
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID:
You need to set one up.
Easiest way is to surf over to appleid.apple.com
- Use your mds email address
- Use your MDS password
- Security questions: your call. These are only used to retrieve your password if you forget it.
- You’ll have to click on a link in an email to complete the setup.
- THEN go to Settings –> click on the left column top and get logged in.
Google Photos –> set to autobackup your pix/vids
Fire up Google Photos
You should see the options there. “Original Quality” is OK.
Step Three for Middle School
There are some changes for the middle school this year.
A. If you are a returning student to MDS, AND your AppleID is already setup, AND you know what the password is:
- Login to AppleID [top of the left column]
- If you don’t remember your AppleID password, you can either;
- Try adding 1871 or 1876 to the end of your MDS password
- Reset the password [there is a link, or you can surf to iforgot.apple.com to reset it.
- or start using a school-managed AppleID, as explained in the next section
B. If you are a new-to-MDS student
OR are choosing to use a school-managed AppleID:
- You will need your MDS password AND the temporary AppleID password for your account. Your teacher has access to that information.
- Settings –> Login to AppleID [at the top of the left column].
- Your AppleID email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org [For example, email@example.com.
- NOTE: This is DIFFERENT from your MDS email address – which is something like firstname.lastname@example.org
- It will ask you for a password – use the TEMPORARY PASSWORD you have been given.
- THEN the system will ask you to create a new password:
- First, for “Old password” type in the TEMPORARY password you were given. [This is the last time you will use it.]
- For new password, use your standard MDS password. If the system doesn’t like yours, try adding 1871 to the end of it.