If you were switching to a Managed AppleID, and forgot [or didn’t know to] turn OFF the iCloud Sync in Notability….. then all of your Notes just vanished.
No worries…. IF you followed the directions at the start of the school year and setup Google Drive sync.
MDS Tech – Notability: Backup to Drive, Retrieve from Drive (mountdesales.net)
Open the Drive app and find the Notability folder where your current Notes live. [You very well might have more than one, and the 2nd or 3rd one might be inside another one.]
- Recreate your Dividers
- Select one of them
- Click and HOLD on the “New note” icon, select “Import” and Google Drive
- Navigate to the Notability folder. Once you have moved inside the folder that matches the Divider, you can either
- click the individual files you need to download, or
- click the “import all” button at the bottom.
- Do this for every divider you need.
Updating is OPTIONAL at this point. MDS Tech has not tested the new OS just yet, but we anticipate there will be only a few issues since we have been updating the iPad apps as they come out.
Note that students must update iPads AT HOME – the OS updates do not work on the student network.
Here’s a synopsis of the major changes in IOS 17, taken from a variety of sources:
- Personalize your lock screen – there are new wallpaper options, interactive widgets, and Live Activities of various sorts. There are also more options for fonts, styles, and colors for your lock screen.
- Interactive Widgets – you can tap a widget to check off a to-do list item, play a new podcast episode, and more
- iPadOS 17 helps protect your vision by reminding you to move your device farther away if you have been using it for an extended period of time.
- Autocorrected text are highlighted as you type so you know what has been changed – tap on the word to change it back. Predictive text, where the OS guesses the words you are about to type, can be approved by hitting the space bar.
- FreeForm app – this app is a great tool to use along with Natobility. There are new drawing tools [watercolor brush, calligraphy pen, highlighter, variable width pen] and a ruler. You can also collaborate with others live.
- Notes can easily view PDFS and scans, and you can add links.
- The Tips app has even more suggestions
- The Health app is new to iPadOS, although it has been on the iPhone for some time. It can help you monitor your health and fitness.
Instead of this:
Your screen can look like this:
You do this by first calling up the video you want to watch, and then adding a DASH inside the address, between the t and the u in youtube.. For example, change
NOTE: This does NOT work with the shortened address you get when pressing the “Share” button. You have to copy/paste/modify the link at the top of the page, in the address bar.
This also MAY not work when monetization is enabled for the video. It throws an error message.