If you have lost or misplaced your iPad, here’s how to use “Find my iPad” to figure out where it is.
This only works if
- you have correctly setup your AppleID on your iPad
- Turned Find my iPad ON in Settings–>iCloud
- Followed these instructions on some settings
- AND it is on and near a wi-fi network
1. Open a web browser and surf over to www.iCloud.com – OR you can use the “Find My iPhone” app if someone has installed it on their device.
2. Login with your MDS AppleID and password.
3. Click FIND MY IPAD.
At the top there is a pulldown menu where you can select a particular device. Once you do the system will try to locate your device.
Notice you can also have the device make a sound [it sounds like a sci-fi submarine, and is quite loud], and mark it as lost. Please do not Erase the Device if you are using an MDS iPad.
In general the screen will tell you where the iPad is within about 50 feet if it is on campus.