Say you have a Department iPad set, the students have produced some media [pictures or videos] and you need to fetch a copy. Here’s how:
On the iPads:
- Fire up a web browser – I suggest Chrome
- Surf to Drive.Google.com
- Login to YOUR account
- Scroll to the BOTTOM of the page. Click the “Desktop version” link
- You’ll see a warning [“Everything won’t work“].
Click through to the desktop version [“I know, I don’t care.”].
- Scroll back up to the top. Click the upload button [Top left, next to the CREATE button].
- Select your file, and upload it.
- Get the checkmark on the file.
- More –> Share –> Email as Attachment
- WHEN YOU ARE DONE: Click your email address up top and LOGOUT.
Save yourself some hassle!
We tried sharing the file, but as of this writing the dialog box will not let you type an address. It MIGHT work in Safari, though.