Things to do before gathering up the parts:
- Make sure it is charged to AT LEAST 10%
- Fire up Google Photos. Make sure all your photos and videos are backed up.
- Fire up Notability. Make sure your documents are being backed up to Drive.
- Change your passcode to ALL ZEROS.
- Gather up your charger AND cables
Missing either? DO NOT go out and buy one. We’ll send you a bill, which will be cheaper than you buying it. ESPECIALLY do not go to the convenience store or Ollie’s and pick a cheapie. They pose a serious risk to the iPad due to cheap components that can fry your iPad. Seriously.
Things to bring to your turnin session:
- Your iPad
- Charger Block
- Tape a note to your iPad [SAVE TIME!]
- Your name
- Grade just completed
- MDS number
- Make a note if the screen is cracked, or if anything is missing
What if my cable or charger ore missing?
We’ll send you a bill. See above paragraph.
What if my cable or charger are damaged?
Turn them in. You’ll be in the clear. Send an email to The iPad Guy if you’d like to know the thinking here.
When and where do I turn in my stuff?
Check your email. That schedule has or will be sent out. iPad turnin will happen in the ARC.
What might I be charged for?
Typically we charge for
- Missing parts [cable, charger block]
- A case that is damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear. [Yes, we have stories…..]
- Cracked screen [Note that sometimes we don’t catch the cracked screen until later, as we are organizing the iPads. In that case we will contact you.]
- An iPad that shows obvious mistreatment [For example, a bent iPad. Yes, it has happened. yes, it was weird.]