Dr. Franklin will be coordinating the details on taking your AP exam. This article will discuss the software you will need to take the exam.
Note that if ANYTHING stated below conflicts with what Dr, Franklin tells you – go with what he says.
You can take the exam using a Windows or Mac computer, OR YOUR IPAD [as long as you are using IOS 12 or later]
- How to check: Settings –> General –> About –>Software Version.
- If you are still on IOS 11 or earlier – SHAME on you! You’ve been ignoring all the reminders to update for a good while now!
- Pick a time when you won’t be needing the iPad for a while. Open Settings –> General –> Software Update and make it happen!
AP requires LockDown Browser from Respondus.
- For your computer, CLICK HERE to download the correct browser and install it.
- For your iPad, open up the App Portal and search for LockDown Browser. Install it.
Once you’ve installed the browser, AND WELL BEFORE YOU NEED TO TAKE THE EXAM, you need to run a security check. Below are excerpts from the instructions on the AP site. [CLICK HERE for the originals.]
Once the LockDown Browser has been installed on the devices that will be used to take secure assessments, each student needs to complete a Secure Assignment Readiness Check.
Log in to the platform using the device that will be used for the final exam.
- Students using Windows or Mac computers should use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari 10 or higher.
- Students using iPads (iOS 12 or higher) should use Safari.
- Students using Chromebooks should select “College Board” from the Apps link and log in to the platform.
On the Assessments tab, you should see a yellow banner as shown below.
Click the “please complete this readiness check” link. You should see a pop-up to open
LockDown Browser. Click “Open LockDown Browser” and the readiness check will launch.
The LockDown Browser requires certain applications to close. If the pop-up shown below appears, click “Kill these applications.” Feel free to make appropriate bomb-dropping noises as you do.
AFter the check has launched, you should see 6 sample questions. Answer them, click “Submit“, and then exit the LockDown Browser. You have now successfully completed your readiness check.
- If the exam didn’t launch successfully, check to see if the LockDown browser is installed
- Send an email to tech or ipad and ask for assistance.
- If technical issues persist, contact AP using the “Help” option at the top of the screen