There is an online security researcher named Krebs that published 3 basic rules for online safety. These still make a lot of sense:
- If you didn’t go looking for it, don’t install it!
- If you installed it, UPDATE it!
- If you no longer need it, REMOVE it!
The original article is at https://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/05/krebss-3-basic-rules-for-online-safety/
There is potentially a lot of useful / sellable info on that old PC that you haven’t used in a while.
This is from https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/10/the-scrap-value-of-a-hacked-pc-revisited/
There’s a lot of bad actors online, but there are indeed things you can do to be safer. Watch the tech site for more articles, coming soon.
Recharge your iPad on the go
If you are tired of being stressed out because you forgot to charge your iPad last night like you were supposed to – swing by the ARC and pick up a battery.
We have a limited number of batteries available for checkout.
- Fill out the form at the counter in the ARC
- Leave some collateral with Mrs. Andrews [cell phone, keys, etc]. Note that your younger sibling is NOT acceptable collateral!
- Mrs. Andrews will hand the battery to you. It will charge your iPad twice over – but that takes several hours!
- When done with it, hand it to MRS. ANDREWS. DEADLINE: Before Flex.
NOTE: You will be responsible for any damage to the battery or cable – EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE DID IT.