Article relating to the “Essential iPad and Tech Skills” for MDS.
- Top 10 free alternatives to Expensive Software - Original article at
Unless you have a company buying license
- Find my iPad - PDF version - Click here to get a pdf with detailed instructions
on using Find My iPad: Lost iPad directions
- The "iPad Reboot Dance" -
Double-click the Home button [the one at the bottom of the screen]. You'll see all of your running apps as stacked windows.
Swipe upwards to ge
- Save Your Data! [what to do after your iPad gets wiped] - Here's what you need to MAKE SURE gets setup after your iPad gets wiped - or better yet, BEFORE something happens to your iPad.
The Short List
- My iPad isn't working - no email, no printing, no web surfing - Problem: If your iPad all of a sudden stops working oncampus, it is most likely because your subscription to the network has expired.
It MUST be re
- Search the Internet without wasting time - This article will get you started searching the internet, and keep you from wasting time while doing it – assuming you don’t WANT to waste time! It is
- Are my iPad files being backed up? - Here's how to make sure your Notability files and Pix/Videos are backed up.
Open Google Drive. Look for for the folder "Notability"
- Textilus part 0: What it is & what it will do -
Textilus Pro is the word processing app that Mount de Sales is rolling out campus wide for use on the iPads. It has all of the standard word proce
- TEXTILUS part 1: Opening, new document, settings - This is the first in a series of articles on setting up and using Textilus, the word processing app MDS is using on the iPads.
Part 1 will cover op
- Find my iPad - how to use - If you have lost or misplaced your iPad, here's how to use "Find my iPad" to figure out where it is.
This only works if
you have correctly setu
- iPad not working? Can't get on the Web? - If your iPad
can't get on the web
can't access your eText
can't fetch email
....or do anything else that required network access to the out
- iPad Setup - Fall 2015 - These instructions may not cover all possible things you'll see on your iPad. Check with a teacher or Mr. Rule before clicking on something if you are
- My iPad is busted. What do I do? -
If your iPad is PHYSICALLY damaged
- Can I print from my iPad? - Click for the bigger version
Anywhere on campus, you can call up the print menu [look for the "export" icon - a rectangle with an arrow coming OUT of
- Updating your iPad OS - Notes and Tips about updating your iPad:
You'll see an indication that there is a System Update in the Settings App.
Go to Settings --> General--
- iPad Questions part 3: Apps, Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight - Another video describing basic iPad stuff, such as
Switching between apps
Seeing all the apps that are currently active
Closing an app
- iPad Questions part 2: Get your Apps Organized - How to move your apps around and get them organized. How to put them in folders on screen, plus a few other tips.
- iPad questions, Part 1 - Answering many questions people have about basics on their iPad. This video [click here for the direct youtube link] covers:
- iPad Backups- how and why - Scroll all the way down to fetch a PDF version of this info.
CLICK HERE for an update about Notability.
At the risk of stating the obvious, you shou
- iPad movies and pictures to Google Drive - A quick note on how to get movies and pictures from your iPad to your Google Drive.
1. Fire up Google Drive
2. Click the UPLOAD icon [a plus sign]