What buttons to push to get your iPad setup:
1) Get on the Network
• Find the Settings app
• Click Wi-Fi
• Select the network MDS-Student
• A page SHOULD come up asking you for your MDS number and Password. Use JUST the mds##### part and your Moodle password.
• If it does NOT come up: Fire up a web browser [Safari/Chrome/Firefox] and go to a webpage that is OFFcampus and you’ve never visited before – like HamSandwichTees.com] That should trigger the login page.
• If the link at the top right never changes to Done after you login, AND you’ve waited 60 seconds – go back and try it again.
• If it gives you an error message, it’s likely you mistyped your password. Try again.
• If setting up a new account – Settings –> Mail –> Accounts –>add Account.
• GOOGLE is the correct type.
• Login. If the sliders turn green, you are in.
• It isn’t setup until you click the SAVE link.
3) Google Drive
• Fire it up.
• It’s your MDS email address and Moodle password.
• Once in, click on the “hamburger menu” – the 3 stacked lines top left.
• Settings –> Photos.
• Both sliders turned blue.
Now your pictures and videos will automatically be copied to a folder named Google Photos in your Drivespace.
You can delete a photo or video from your iPad safely – the copy will remain in Drive until you manually delete it from there.
• Fire it up.
• Get past the intro screens, if they appear.
• On the bottom right, click the Gear icon [settings].
• Select AUTOBACKUP –> Google Drive
• Login [if it asks].
Once done, anything you create in Notability will be automatically backed up to Google Drive, inside a folder named NOTABILITY, but only when you exit the document and get back to the front screen where your documents are listed in Notability.
This is primarily so Find My iPad works, and secondarily as a backup.
• Open up Settings. On the top left, if you see your name. you are connected.
• If your name is there, AND there is a red notification, click it. It is probably asking you to setup Two-Factor-Authenticaion. DON’T – it creates headaches. Click the link to say “No thanks”. [If you already did – oh, well. We’ll deal with the headaches later.]
• If your name is NOT there – click there, and login.
• Remember: No number in moodle, add 1871 to the end to make your AppleID password. Missing an Upper or Lowercase letter? Change the case of the first letter.
• Can’t remember your AppleID password? Do the “I Forgot” dance – you’ll see a link onscreen.
• Never had an account? Come by the ARC.
You MUST use your MDS email address for an AppleID – don’t use an iCloud address, don’t use a personal email.
Use your moodle password for AppleID password.
DON’T turn on Two-Factor-Authentication if it’s an option to not use it [ but you might be required. Use YOUR cell phone if that’s true.]