How to Create a Powerschool Parent Account
If you have a returning student and/or previously have created a parent account, you do NOT have to follow this procedure.
Parent accounts in Powerschool are SEPARATE from student accounts. This way Parents can login ONCE and access all of their children’s information and grades. This is the “done once” setup procedure.
The Powerschool password given on your Info Packet sheet is ONLY used once – to setup the account initially. You will select your own password during the setup process.
• Open the webpage sis.mountdesales.net. [SIS = “student information system”]
• Click on the tab “Create Account”.
• The first section on the page,“Create Parent Account,” is the information necessary to setup your account. All fields in this section are required, and include the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (must be unique)
- Desired User Name (must be unique) – this is what you will use to login
- Re-enter Password
The second section on the page, “Link Students to Account,” requires that the information for at least one student be provided, and includes the following:
- Student Name
- Access ID
- Access Password
The Access ID and Password for each student was also on the info sheet.
You may enter the information for up to seven students when initially establishing your account. Please feel free to contact the School if you have any questions.
As of this year the way Parents access Powerschool has changed. In the past, parents logged into their student’s accounts. As of 2016-17, parents must create their OWN powerschool account, and then “tie together” their student’s accounts.
For those families with multiple students at MDS, this means ONE login to check grades instead of multiple logins.
We send out information to each family with the Parent Portal Access ID and password. These are ONLY used to create the account, NOT to login with.
- Go to the parent portal
- Click on “create account”
- Create an account with your email address
- Specify a username and password
- Below that you will be prompted for the Access ID and password. [This is what ties your parent account to your child’s/children’s info].
- After the account is created, login with the username and password you created.
- Go to “Email Notifications” and customize what you would like to receive and how often.
We do block online access during the school day. You ARE able to setup the account at any time, but can only login to the portal after 2:45 pm on school days.
Obviously, if you don’t USE powerschool on the iPad, you can safely ignore this entry!
updated 11/8/13 – see below
If you are using the Powerschool App and you see empty classes after you login successfully, try these Tech Voodoo steps:
Reboot your ipad
Delete the app and redownload it.
If you are having this problem you are not alone.
If you are trying to use Powerschool on an iPad web browser [Safari, Chrome, etc]:
A> If you are trying to take attendance and the classes are showing up empty, try switching to the desktop site:
At the top left corner of the page is a button that takes you back [NOT the browser’s back button!]
Keep clicking it until you see a list of links – the bottom one will say Exit to Main PS Site. Click it.
Attendance should work from that screen.
B> Try deleting your cache:
Settings –> Safari
Click the “Clear Cookies and Data” button
Fire up Chrome
Click the Menu icon [top right, looks like 3 lines]
Under Advanced –> Privacy
Click “Clear Cache” & “Clear Cookies, Site Data”