Keynote had a huge update posted after school got out for the summer. The article below has a full listing of the new features, which includes some collaboration commenting and a large library of professional graphic shapes.
The last two days of school [Monday-Tuesday May 22,23]
THE ABSOLUTE LAST DAY
TO TURN IN YOUR IPAD IS
TUESDAY MAY 23 BY 3:45 PM
IN THE ARC
WITH ALL THE PARTS
The ARC, but you will start prepping your iPad in your classroom.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE TURNING IT IN
• Make sure everything is backed up to Drive that you want [Pix, Notability]
• Do an iCloud backup [Settings –>iCloud–>Backup–>Backup Now]
• JUST before turning it in, LOG OUT of iCloud [Settings –> General –> iCLoud –> Log Out.]
• Passcode – turn your passcode OFF. If you are unable to turn it off for some reason, change it to all ZEROES.
WHAT TO TURN IN
iPad, IN the case WITH the front screen
Sticky note – with your name, your MDS number, and the grade you just completed.
Charge Cable [we’ll give you a plastic bag]
Charger Block [we’ll give you a plastic bag]
Paperwork [to be filled out in the ARC]
I DON’T HAVE MY CHARGING CABLE OR CHARGER BLOCK?
DO NOT go out and buy a replacement. We buy in bulk, so we get things cheaper than you can. If you buy an el cheapo replacement block, we’re going to charge you anyway for a replacement Genuine Apple charger block or MiFi certified cable, so don’t bother replacing it yourself.
MY CABLE OR CHARGER IS DAMAGED?
Bring it in anyway. You’ll get credit for turning in your parts.
I FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING WHEN I TURN IN MY IPAD?
Bring it TO THE ARC later, but BEFORE the “drop dead date”. We’re tracking who turns in what, etc, so you’ll get credited.
I FORGET TO TURN IN SOMETHING?
Do Not Panic.
Your parents will get a bill.
You will undoubtedly hear about it all summer long.
Perhaps you could do some extra chores? Or get a job?
Photon EDU is a flash-enabled web browser we’ll be using – but before you can use it, there is some setup you have to do.
1. Start up Photon EDU
2. You’ll see some instructions. Read them [you might want to make some notes – you aren’t going to remember that stuff later!]. At the end you should see a page that says
“If you have a school site license key already……” – and then a link that says “enter it here“.
3. Click “enter it here“.
4. Put YOUR NAME in the “Name Your Device” field
5. Site License Key is 2251452
6. PassKey is a54d7854
7. Click the Submit button.
Now you can use Photon. If there is a site you’d like to add to the list, please talk to your teacher – but you’ll need to give a good reason why it should be added!