- “My iPad isn’t working”
- “Mr. Rule has my iPad so I don’t have to do my homework”
- “I tried to send my homework and it didn’t work so I don’t have to do anything about it.”
- “My internet wasn’t working so I don’t have to turn in my homework.”
- “I can’t get Google Drive to submit a file into Moodle so I don’t have to do my homework.”
- “I tried to email the file but it wouldn’t go so I’ll just forget about it. It’s not my problem.”
It is up to YOU, the student,
to make sure things get done,
IN SPITE OF TECHNICAL GLITCHES.
When something goes wrong, there is ALWAYS a different path you can take to get your homework in. Check with your teacher if in doubt – some teachers prefer some methods over others. AT THE VERY LEAST prove you tried to submit it:
- take a screenshot,
- show your teacher your Outbox that has the emails you attempted to send,
- send an email WITHOUT the attachment to let them know you are trying,
- Login to Drive on an ARC computer [Drive.Google.com] and email or submit the file from there. Remember that your Notability documents are being AUTOMATICALLY backed up to Drive. [If you have gotten your iPad updated they may be in iCloud as well!]
- ASK FOR HELP.
There are even MORE options for getting your work turned in. Talk to your teacher or Mrs. Andrews or Mr. Rule.
Acceptable excuses are rare.
……..and if you think that’s HARSH, just wait until you get to college. Ask Mr. Rule – he taught college for longer than you’ve been alive.
By the way, teachers can check the “iPad Hospital List” just like you can to see if your iPad is indeed being worked on.