IOS 13 and Aleks have made some changes. If you are unable to get your Aleks work done on your iPad, try switching the version that your iPad is using – Mobile vs. Desktop.
Covered first: Safari, then Chrome, then Firefox.
- Call up Aleks website and login.
- Click on the little aA icon, to the left of the web address at the top of the window
3. Select “Request Mobile Site” or “Request Desktop Site”.
4. The page will reload. Test it to see if you can get your work done.
Other ways in Safari:
There are two other ways to get to the “Request Desktop Site” selection:
- Touch and hold the REFRESH button at the top
- Tap on the SHARE icon [looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing OUT of it]
Setting to request Desktop site from ALL websites, or not
- Settings –> Safari–> REquest Desktop Website [it is in the “SETTINGS FOR WEBSITES” section
- Set the slider as you wish – green = Desktop sites will be requested.
Click the three dots at the top of the window and “Request Desktop Site”
Let’s assume for a moment that you have tried to submit a Google Drive file into a Moodle assignment using your iPad – and it doesn’t work.
Let’s also assume that your Notability backups are working, and that the Notability document you just completed is already in your Drive.
- Get to a desktop or laptop [you can even do this using a smartphone, but it’s more aggravating].
- Fire up a web browser [Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.]
- Open up your Google drive by surfing to drive.google.com [or you could click the link]. login.
- Open up the Notability folder, just to make sure the file you need is there. If it isn’t, pull out your iPad and manually export the file from Notability to Google Drive.
- Open up a new tab. Get to and login to Moodle. Submit the file – you already know how to do that, right?
Now you know how to bypass a technical issue, get your assignment in on time, AND access your Drive-space away from your iPad.