If you have apps on your ipad that are “black” or “grayed out” or just “won’t work”, here are some things to try:
- First, make sure you have a live connection to the internet. Fire up a web browser and visit a website you’ve never visited before. Then plugin your iPad and wait a half-hour to see if anything changes.
- If nothing has changed, then do the “iPad Reboot Dance“:
Swipe out of all your running apps,
then press AND HOLD the power button on the top of your iPad.
Swipe to turn it off.
Wait 2 minutes, and power it back on.
THEN plugin your iPad and wait a while, to see if anything changes.
- Try clicking on one of the dark apps – sometimes that gets the install process kickstarted.
If NOTHING works, then send an email to IPAD – listing what apps are dark.
If you have an app that STAYS black [which means the iPad has made room for it, but has NOT downloaded and installed it], then MDS Tech might ask you to “do the dance”. Here are the steps:
- Double-click the home button. Swipe up on ALL the apps you have running.
- Hold down the power button on the top until the “Swipe to turn off” slider appears onscreen.
- Swipe the slider to turn it off.
- WAIT TEN INTERMINABLE MINUTES. While you are waiting, work on your homework…or ask someone what “interminable” means.
- Start your iPad up.
- Go to the black app.
- If it has the name of the app, click it. That should change to the word “Waiting”.
- Wait some more.
- Wait even longer.
Let MDS Tech know when the app installs.
You can also do this at home, as long as your iPad on is on wireless network.