There are at least 3 and maybe 4 different places to adjust the volume when viewing WMDS on the computer or ipad.
1. The speakers you are using.
2. The computer – on Windows, click the volume icon on the bottom right. Make sure things are not muted and the volume is all the way up.
3. There also may be some hardware buttons that mute/unmute the audio and adjust the volume.
4. ONSCREEN, there is yet ANOTHER volume control!
At the bottom of the video window, you should see this. Click it.
Slide the volume slider to Max.
If your screen is going dark/blank too often – and if you are in Cuddy and having trouble getting your audio to go through the projector [and you are using the HDMI cables], here are the fixes:
The screen going dark is in Control Panel –> Power Options. Select “Balanced”, then “Change Plan Settings”.
Change it, and then Click the Save Changes button. Feel free to tweak, and even check the advanced power settings – the worst that can happen is you pick something that you don’t like and can change.
As far as the sound – Plug in the HDMI [projector] cable. Open up Control Panels –> sound.
You should see two icons – one refers to the internal speakers [it might say “realtek”]. the other refers to the HDMI cable [I think it says “high definition”].
Click the HDMI one, then click the “Set Default” button, then the “Apply” button.
Other things to check soundwise:
- Volume on the wall plate
- Audio mute on the wall plate
- Laptop audio not muted
- Laptop audio volume up