The list of iPad apps that all middle school students should have on their iPads:
|Catholic New American Bible RE, |
|Chess – Learn Chess |
|Drawing Desk: Draw & Paint Art |
|Firefox: Private, Safe Browser, Utilities, |
|GeoGebra Classic, |
|Google Chrome, Utilities, |
|Google Docs: Sync, Edit, Share Business|
|Google Drive, |
|Google Earth, Travel, Navigation|
|Google Photos, Photo & Video|
|Google Sheets Business|
|Google Slides Business|
|HMH eTextbooks, |
|HudsonAlpha iCell Medical|
|iMovie, Photo & Video, |
|Laudate – #1 Catholic App, |
|MackinVIA, Books, |
|Math Duel – Two Player Split Screen Mathematical Game for Kids and Adults Training – Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division! , |
|McGraw-Hill K-12 ConnectED, |
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Books|
|MSB Anywhere, |
|PowerSchool Learning |
|Remind: School Communication |
|Textilus Pro Word Processor Business|
The list of apps that every Upper School student iPad should have:
|Amazon Kindle, Books|
|Apple Books, Books, Entertainment|
|Bible Gateway, Reference, Lifestyle|
|Constitution for iPad, Reference, Education|
|Firefox: Private, Safe Browser, Utilities, Productivity|
|Google Chrome, Utilities, Productivity|
|Google Docs: Sync, Edit, Share, Productivity, Business|
|Google Drive, Productivity|
|Google Photos, Photo & Video|
|Google Sheets, Productivity, Business|
|Google Slides, Productivity, Business|
|History Today: This day in Historical Events News, Education, Entertainment|
|iMovie, Photo & Video, Lifestyle|
|iTunes U, Education, Reference|
|Khan Academy, Education|
|MackinVIA, Books, Education|
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary HD, Reference, Education|
|MSB Anywhere, Education|
|Notability, Productivity, Education|
|PowerSchool Learning, Education, Productivity|
|Remind: School Communication, Education, Social Networking|
|TapTyping – typing trainer, Games, Productivity, Word|
|Textilus Pro Word Processor, Productivity, Business|
|Voice Record Pro 7, Productivity, Education|
Get on the network [Settings –> WiFi]
Choose MDS-Student. MDS*****, your standard password.
Check to make sure things are setup.
- Mail [if setting up your account, choose the Google/Gmail option]
- Drive – open it and login
- Notability autobackup – first screen, Gear icon on bottom left, Autobackup. Make sure Google Drive is turned on.
Login to your AppleID [Settings –> top left column]
IF YOU HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID ALREADY:
- Login with your mds email
- If your mds password has at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number, your AppleID password if likely to just be your MDS password.
- If your MDS password is missing a number, try add 1871 to the end.
- If it is missing an uppercase or lowercase letter, try changing the case of the first letter in your password.
- If you changed it and have forgotten – go through the reset process again.
- If things just don’t work, reset your password.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID:
You need to set one up.
Easiest way is to surf over to appleid.apple.com
- Use your mds email address
- Use your MDS password
- Security questions: your call. These are only used to retrieve your password if you forget it.
- You’ll have to click on a link in an email to complete the setup.
- THEN go to settings –> click on the left column top and get logged in.
Google Photos –> set to autobackup your pix/vids
Fire up Google Photos
You should see the options there. “Original Quality” is OK.
Here are all the details you need:
WHAT to turn in
- iPad in its case
- Charger cable [even if damaged]
- Charger Block
WHAT TO DO before turning your iPad in
- Passcode to all zeros
- AppleID signed out [Settings –> Click name up top]
- iPad charged to AT LEAST 10%
HOW LONG will this take?
- 10-15 minutes. Plan on it.
WHO can turn in my iPad?
- Only You
- No One Else
- Not a friend
- Not your Mom
- Not even your Pastor or Priest
- Not you Brother or Sister
- Only You
WHERE do I turn in my iPad?
The ARC – ONLY to Mrs. Andrews or Mr. Rule. DO NOT just lay it down and walk away – you’ll be charged for the full value of the package [> $400].
WHEN can I turn in my iPad?
- If you are taking NO exams at all – NOW. Get it done today. Beat the Rush!
- If you are taking AP exams – immediately after your last exam.
- If you are taking only Semester/Final exams – Immediately after your last exam Monday 5/20 – Tuesday 5/21-Wednesday 5/22.