Let’s say you need to create a slideshow, then add some audio that plays with the slides, and output it as a Movie.
Here’s one way to do that.
Create the slides using Google Slides or Keynote
Record your screen.
Call up the slides. Start the presentation. Record your audio while advancing the slides at the right time.
Once done, press the record button on the top right [or call up Control Center and stop the recording there].
Then you can edit your creation in iMovie – don’t forget to make the audio louder!
Record your screen
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording. [That’s to make sure the button in step 2 is there]
- Swipe down from the top right edge.
- Press and hold on and tap Microphone. Make sure the microphone is set to ON.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- Open Control Center and tap . Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
The file is stashed in your Photos.
Another explanation of the same thing [but more pictures]:
Get on the network [Settings –> WiFi]
Choose MDS-Student. MDS*****, your standard password.
Check to make sure things are setup.
- Mail [if setting up your account, choose the Google/Gmail option]
- Drive – open it and login
- Notability autobackup – first screen, Gear icon on bottom left, Autobackup. Make sure Google Drive is turned on.
Login to your AppleID [Settings –> top left column]
IF YOU HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID ALREADY:
- Login with your mds email
- If your mds password has at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number, your AppleID password if likely to just be your MDS password.
- If your MDS password is missing a number, try add 1871 to the end.
- If it is missing an uppercase or lowercase letter, try changing the case of the first letter in your password.
- If you changed it and have forgotten – go through the reset process again.
- If things just don’t work, reset your password.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID:
You need to set one up.
Easiest way is to surf over to appleid.apple.com
- Use your mds email address
- Use your MDS password
- Security questions: your call. These are only used to retrieve your password if you forget it.
- You’ll have to click on a link in an email to complete the setup.
- THEN go to settings –> click on the left column top and get logged in.
Google Photos –> set to autobackup your pix/vids
Fire up Google Photos
You should see the options there. “Original Quality” is OK.
There is potentially a lot of useful / sellable info on that old PC that you haven’t used in a while.
This is from https://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/10/the-scrap-value-of-a-hacked-pc-revisited/
There’s a lot of bad actors online, but there are indeed things you can do to be safer. Watch the tech site for more articles, coming soon.