A note regarding Senior Portraits for the Class of 2019:
In an effort to reduce costs, The Academy is offering two free sessions of senior formal portraits with our professional photographer, Maryann Bates. It is mandatory for all seniors to use this photographer in order for their picture to appear in their senior yearbook . All portraits will be taken in the yearbook room located downstairs in the Zuver Center. Sessions are:
- Tuesday, August 7, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 14, beginning at noon, following Senior Orientation
Portrait Sessions: Registration
It is important that you choose a time slot for one of these free sessions. To sign up, please visit this link: http://mtdesales.link/formals
You can also find this on our website at
www.mountdesales.net –> Parents & Students –> Other Resources –> Student Photos.
**Seniors who arrive without registering will be photographed on a first-come, first-served basis as time allows.
Portrait Sessions: Makeup Dates
After the free portrait sessions are completed, makeup sessions will be based on the photographer’s availability. Please note that a sitting fee of $125 will be charged to each family prior to a makeup portrait session. The link for payment along with dates and time slots will be shared with families later in the semester.
Attire and Appearance
Mount de Sales will provide tuxes for boys and drapes for girls at the sessions. Hair must be clean and appropriate per school guidelines. Girls may wear simple earrings and a necklace. All seniors must arrive portrait-ready as time will not allow for additional styling.
Families will choose one of four poses. A final edit will be done on one selected photo of those choices. This one photo will be sent to you via email as well as placed in the yearbook.
Jenny Barker, Upper School English teacher, will be serving as the yearbook advisor. She will be in contact with seniors and parents with any updates to portraits as well as any special requests regarding senior features in the yearbook.
What about your data after you graduate? Your email?
Some questions answered:
1) We will delete your email accounts mid-summer — usually in July.
2) There are instruction on the tech site for taking your data with you –> https://tech.mountdesales.net/blog/2016/take-your-google-stuff-with-you/
Note that your MDS Drive space has unlimited Drive storage…..but personal Drive accounts only have 15 gig, unless you pay for more.
Yes, you COULD create multiple personal drive accounts and stash part of your data under different accounts, but do you REALLY want to complicate your life that much?
3) Any external sites like Prezi will still work with your MDS email as a login – but you won’t be able to receive emails from the service [and that includes the “I forgot my password” and “Click this link to prove you are legit” emails].
Here are the dates when you will turn in your iPads.
READ THIS ENTIRE ENTRY FOR ALL THE DETAILS!
FIRST POSSIBLE DATE:
Wednesday, April 25
- If you have NO exams, you may turn in your iPad beginning this date.
- If you have Exam[s] – turn in after your last exam.
THE ABSOLUTE LAST DAY
TO TURN IN YOUR IPAD IS
WEDNESDAY MAY 2 BEFORE 3:45 PM
IN THE ARC
WITH ALL THE PARTS
NOT THE FRONT OFFICE – Mrs. Silva will NOT be able to accept any iPads NOR iPad Parts [cables, chargers, etc].
WHAT TO TURN IN
- iPad, IN the case WITH the front screen
- Charger Cable
- Charger Block
- Paperwork [to be filled out in the ARC]
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO
- Have it charged up more than 20%.
- Sign out of your AppleID. If you have two-factor-authentication turned on, you WILL NEED the cell phone you used to turn it on. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
- Change passcode to all zeros.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN’T DO THIS STUFF?
- We will NOT accept the unit until your AppleID is signed out. If you don’t have access to the connected cell phone number, you’ll have to turn it in later.
- If you unit isn’t charged enough for us to get the signin process completed, then you can plug your iPad in and wait until it has enough juice….or you can come back later.
I DON’T HAVE MY CHARGING CABLE OR CHARGER BLOCK?
DO NOT go out and buy a replacement. We buy in bulk, so we get things cheaper than you can. If you buy an el cheapo replacement block, we’re going to charge you anyway for a replacement Genuine Apple charger block or MiFi certified cable, so don’t bother replacing it yourself.
MY CABLE OR CHARGER IS DAMAGED?
Bring it in anyway. You’ll get credit for turning in your parts.
I FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING WHEN I TURN IN MY IPAD?
Bring it TO THE ARC later, but BEFORE the “drop dead date”. We’re tracking who turns in what, etc, so you’ll get credited.
I FORGET TO TURN IN SOMETHING?
You are in High School, for pete’s sake.You are no longer 4 years old. Take care of your business. Do what it takes to make it happen.
Your parents will get a bill. You will undoubtedly hear about it all summer long.