A little bit o’ history for you – ever wondered where the whole idea of having websites, shopping carts, links, and all that came from?
well, why not? They had to come from somwhere!
CLICK HERE to find out….and marvel at how simplistic those early screens were.
Pixar offers free online lessons in storytelling via Khan Academy
Nobody tells stories better than Pixar. Now they’re teaching classes on storytelling for FREE.
It’s part of a program called “Pixar in a Box.” The first lesson is an introduction to storytelling (available now) and more lessons will be released.
Find out more about it in this TechCrunch article, or go straight to the course.
As of this year the way Parents access Powerschool has changed. In the past, parents logged into their student’s accounts. As of 2016-17, parents must create their OWN powerschool account, and then “tie together” their student’s accounts.
For those families with multiple students at MDS, this means ONE login to check grades instead of multiple logins.
We send out information to each family with the Parent Portal Access ID and password. These are ONLY used to create the account, NOT to login with.
- Go to the parent portal
- Click on “create account”
- Create an account with your email address
- Specify a username and password
- Below that you will be prompted for the Access ID and password. [This is what ties your parent account to your child’s/children’s info].
- After the account is created, login with the username and password you created.
- Go to “Email Notifications” and customize what you would like to receive and how often.
We do block online access during the school day. You ARE able to setup the account at any time, but can only login to the portal after 2:45 pm on school days.