Get on the network [Settings –> WiFi]
Choose MDS-Student. MDS*****, your standard password.
Check to make sure things are setup.
- Mail [if setting up your account, choose the Google/Gmail option]
- Drive – open it and login
- Notability autobackup – first screen, Gear icon on bottom left, Autobackup. Make sure Google Drive is turned on.
Login to your AppleID [Settings –> top left column]
IF YOU HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID ALREADY:
- Login with your mds email
- If your mds password has at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number, your AppleID password if likely to just be your MDS password.
- If your MDS password is missing a number, try add 1871 to the end.
- If it is missing an uppercase or lowercase letter, try changing the case of the first letter in your password.
- If you changed it and have forgotten – go through the reset process again.
- If things just don’t work, reset your password.
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Three words:
- FIND MY IPAD
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL APPLEID:
You need to set one up.
Easiest way is to surf over to appleid.apple.com
- Use your mds email address
- Use your MDS password
- Security questions: your call. These are only used to retrieve your password if you forget it.
- You’ll have to click on a link in an email to complete the setup.
- THEN go to settings –> click on the left column top and get logged in.
Google Photos –> set to autobackup your pix/vids
Fire up Google Photos
You should see the options there. “Original Quality” is OK.