If you have upgraded your iPad to IOS 12, and now your iBooks are missing, try these fixes [taken from a variety of locations across the web}:
- Check for another system update in Settings –> General –> Software Update. [Student iPads –> This has to be done at home.]
- Do the iPad Reboot Dance.
- Redownload the books. In iBooks, click the link “Purchased”. Choose the ebooks you need to recover.
- Redownload from iCloud. assuming iCloud is set to backup your iBooks, then this might work.
Settings –> AppleID (at top left) –> iCloud.
Swipe down and turn the iBooks switch OFF.
Wait 30 seconds.
Do the iPad Reboot Dance.
Back to Settings –> AppleID (at top left) –> iCloud –> iBooks.
Turn the iBooksswitch ON.
- Offload the iBooks app.
Go to Settings –> General –> iPad Storage –> scroll down to iBooks.
Tap OFFLOAD APP.
Shutdown, then restart the device.
Go back intoSettings –> General –> iPad Storage –> and press REINSTALL APP.
If the books are still not there [or aren’t loading], then reboot your device again.
- Toggle iBooks Sync Off, then On.
Settings –> iBooks –> Sync Bookmarks and Notes.
If they haven’t shown up, then close iBooks, change it back to ON, and check again