IOS11 is here – but hang on a second before you update your school iPad.
Here are some things to think about:
- Not everyone can update. Check Settings —> Software Update to see if you can.
- Students cannot update at school, only at home. It’s a network thing.
- It’s a ONE WAY street. Once you move your iPad to IOS11, there’s no going back.
- It’s going to take a while – I’ve seen reports that say it will take anywhere from a half-hour to several hours. It all depends!
- Some Apps will no longer work. For MDS the core standard apps will all work under IOS 11. To check the apps that won’t BEFORE you upgrade go to
Settings —> About —> Applications,
and look at the list.
- If you need some nonworking apps removed from your iPad, send an email to Mr. Rule with the list.