If you have apps on your ipad that are “black” or “grayed out” or just “won’t work”, here are some things to try:
- First, make sure you have a live connection to the internet. Fire up a web browser and visit a website you’ve never visited before. Then plugin your iPad and wait a half-hour to see if anything changes.
- If nothing has changed, then do the “iPad Reboot Dance“:
Swipe out of all your running apps,
then press AND HOLD the power button on the top of your iPad.
Swipe to turn it off.
Wait 2 minutes, and power it back on.
THEN plugin your iPad and wait a while, to see if anything changes.
- Try clicking on one of the dark apps – sometimes that gets the install process kickstarted.
If NOTHING works, then send an email to IPAD – listing what apps are dark.
To start Airserver on your Windows PC, click on the Caret icon on the bottom right area of your toolbar.
Then click on the Airserver icon:
You should be able to start Airserver if it isn’t running and set some options. Options to note:
- Let Airserver startup automatically when you login to your machine
- Require a passcode before anyone can broadcast to your machine
- Show a passcode onscreen – which someone would have to enter before they can project.
TRY IT OUT before using in class. You just never know what technical glitches you might encounter!
How do I mirror my iOS device over to a computer running AirServer?
On your iPad running iOS 10 or later: follow these steps to connect to AirServer from your iOS device:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
- The Control Center should show an option called “AirPlay Mirroring”, tap the “AirPlay Mirroring” window.
If the option “AirPlay Mirroring” is not available, then swipe the control center to the left and the option “AirPlay Mirroring” should be visible.
- Now you should have a list of AirPlay receivers on your network from the menu that appeared.
- Select the AirPlay destination that has your computer name and the Mirroring should start on your screen.
If you are using iOS 9 or earlier you can connect to AirServer from your iOS device by following these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center
- Tap the AirPlay icon. You should now see a list of AirPlay enabled receivers available on your network.
- Tap the name of your AirPlay receiver you wish to AirPlay to. This would be the name of your computer if you are streaming to.
- To begin mirroring, toggle the mirroring switch.
CLICK HERE to see a visual picture tour of the process.
You CAN have multiple iPads on your screen at the same time. CLICK HERE for details.
General help: https://support.airserver.com/
Sources for the above information: