When you leave these hallowed grounds…..you CAN take your Google Docs with you.
- Login to your Drive or email [http://login.mountdesales.net is a handy way]
- Open a new tab [Control-T, usually]
- Surf to https://www.google.com/takeout
- Select what you want to take with you
- Select the best options for you – waiting for the download, or getting an email when the archive is ready to download. [Hint: It will probably take a while for the archive to be available]
The Wikipedia explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Takeout
How to Use Takout [from UConn]: http://g.uconn.edu/how-to-use-google-takeout/
You can’t just upload that archive into a new Google account. Google Takeout is outbound only, there is no inbound/restore function. But the following will help if that’s what you want to do.
[CAVEAT: These have NOT been tested by Mds TEch, so your mileage may vary….Please let Tech know how it goes!]
imapsize/ a generic IMAP utility which can work with any provider that supports IMAP.
When both accounts are with Gmail, you can use the following backup/recovery tool to move the messages (this will include labels)
Transfer contacts (export/import):
mail/answer/12118 (export from other providers)
mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en& answer=24911 (export from Gmail)
mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en& answer=14024 (import to Gmail)