If Notability seems to start up when you click the icon, and then it disappears:
Step One – Clear the Decks:
- Swipe out of all your running apps [doubleclick your home button, swipe all the running windows up to quit the apps].
- Shutdown your iPad [Hold Power button down for umpteen seconds until the “Swipe to turn off” slider appears onscreen.]
- Wait FIVE MINUTES.
- Turn iPad back on.
Step Two – Check your storage:
- Settings –> General –> About –> Amount Available
- If less than 500megabytes, then you need to make room, USUALLY by deleting photos or Videos
- Photos app –> Camera Roll. Select items to delete.
- THEN switch to the “Recently Deleted” album, click SELECT, then DELETE ALL.
- Other possible storage hog is your email. DELETE emails you no longer need – each one takes up room on your ipad.
If the Notability icon is Dark, or says “Waiting”:
Your iPad [for whatever reason] refuses to update Notability, or it started to and has gotten confused.
A couple of points, first:
You are STILL responsible for getting your homework done. This means you will have to take an alternate route. Work with your teachers – they are all aware of the issue.
Alternative Possibilities for getting your work done include
- Textilus if you want to type notes
- Google Docs if you want to type, AND your notes to automatically be available in Drive
- If you prefer to use a stylus, try using one of the Art apps [like Paper]
- Use Pencil/Pen and Paper. [Seriously – there are a good number of brain-wiring/educational/physiological reasons to go this route. Ask Mrs. Alderman].
- Try this first at school.
- If that makes no difference, try it at home.
- Please do these steps IN THIS ORDER.
- Once you complete them, let Mr. Rule or Mrs. Andrews know what happened. They are tracking the results and working with tech support.
- Look at your Notability app. If it is NOT still dark, let Mr. Rule/Mrs. Andrews know – RIGHT NOW!
- Swipe out of all your apps. Shutdown the iPad. Wait 5 minutes. Start it back up.
- Once things are back up, wait 5 minutes to see if anything changes.
- If Not, click on the Notability icon.
- If it starts installing, let Mr. Rule/Mrs. Andrews know – RIGHT NOW!
—–> If you’ve “done the dance” at school, try it at home.
—–> If you’ve “done the dance” at home, try it at school.
—–> Let Mr. Rule/Mrs. Andrews know what happened – RIGHT NOW!
One student had success by doing this:
I closed out my apps,clicked on all the blacked out apps a few times, and shut the ipad down for about twenty minutes. The apps started loading after that.