Here is how to get a document you’ve created in Textilus on your iPad to the TurnItIn account.
PREREQUISITE: You MUST be logged into your Drive space [Fire up Google Drive – if you can see your files, then you are logged in.]
- Create your Document in Textilus.
- EXPORT the document from Textilus to Drive. Your teacher will specify which file format to use.
- Switch over to TurnItIn in a web browser.
- Find the assingment created by your instructor.
- Upload the file from Drive.
Doubleclick the Thumbnail of the uploaded file, just to make sure you selected the correct one!
When dealing with computers, NEVER ASSUME!
We’ve had 3 instances of Adware getting into Mac Laptops this month. [Adware is software that runs in teh background that pops up an overwhleming number of ads on each browser page you open.]
Here is a quick list of how to remove it:
- Surf over to https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/ and download the free malware remover from MalWareBytes. Install it.
- Call up “About This Mac” from the Apple Menu. Note what Operating system you are using [10.8 or 10.10.11, etc.]
- Then surf over to http://www.titanium.free.fr/onyx.html
- Download the version of Onyx that is for YOUR system.
- CONTROL-CLICK the program icon, and select “open”
A dialog box will pop up – select Open, then install it.
- Start up Onyx. It will run a disk check.
- Then run the Maintenance scripts, and then the tasks in the “Cleaning” tab.
- Onyx will ask you to restart.
- THEN run MalwareBytes. It should find the adware, and you click to remove it.
This is NOT a comprehensive list, but should be enough to get you started!
We need students to help with WMDS. Jobs to be done include-but-aren’t-limited-to:
- camera operator
- audio operator
- onscreen reader [i.e. what Jonathan and the guys have been doing]
- Video creator/editor
- Idea person [how to make WMDS better]
You do NOT have to know anything in advance – we’ll train you! None of it is THAT tricky.
You DO have to be dependable and want to learn.
See or email Coach Jones or Mr. Rule for more details.