- Octopus Squish
- 3-finger swipe
- 2 finger Zoom
- Once = home screen
- Twice = All apps running so you can switch to or quit out of them
- Swipe down in the middle where nothing is
- Type what you are looking for
- Swipe to get past the first screen
- Set Country and Language
- Select the wi-fi network MDS-STUDENT
- Username is mds##### – known as your MDS number.
- Password is your Moodle password.
- “MDS can Configure your iPad” Select YES.
- BIRTHDATE: Your month and date, but year should be 1971
- Your first and last name
- USE YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS
- Moodle Password, UNLESS
- if it is missing a number, add 1871 to the end of your moodle password
- if Moodle password is ALL CAPS or all lowercase, ask what to do.
- Security Questions – answer all three
- Rescue email – JUST SKIP IT
- Do you like to get ads in your email account? NO? Then Turn it off [“Receive Notifications”, I think.].
- “YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED” = GOOD
- “YOUR DEVICE IS INELIGIBLE….” = BAD, Mr. Rule needs to note it, call Apple, & pitch a fit.
- Start Meraki MDM
- Select ALL IPADS
- It will switch screens 2 times
- Answer YES/TRUST/INSTALL until it quits asking
- “LOCATION SETTINGS” – Turn them ON after clicking “Location Settings”
- “RUN IN BACKGROUND” – YES, please!
- Settings –> Mail
- CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
- GOOGLE ACCOUNT
- email@example.com, moodle password
- YES, ALLOW, CONNECT <– whatever the buttons say.
- Be Sure to hit SAVE at the end.
FINISH UP APPLEID
- Check your Mail
- Find email that says “Verify Your AppleID”
- See link in message that says “Verify your AppleID”.
- Click it.
- Login with your AppleID and AppleID password [Moodle, or Moodle + 1871….????]
- “YOU ARE NOW VERIFIED” = GOOD!
- “YOU ARE VERIFIED BUT THINGS ARE STILL NOT SETUP ALL THE WAY” = GOOD! Keep going on….
ICLOUD SETTINGS – making sure things are setup correctly
- Settings –> iCloud
- TURN ON
- Find my iPad
- Search for DRIVE
- Sign in – firstname.lastname@example.org / Moodle password
- It WILL ask for it twice. Ask Mr. Rule later if you want to know why.
- “Back Up Photos/Videos?”
- This is a new feature – Drive can automatically backup your photos and videos from your camera roll, in the background, to your Drive space.
- I suggest YES.
- Wi-FI only [no cell radio available]
- Upload Size? I Suggest HIGH QUALITY.
- It backs up faster than “original quality”.
- DO allow access to Photos.
- Time to setup auto-backup to Drive.
- Click past the intro screen. Get back to your Library.
- Bottom Left, click the Gear icon to get to settings.
- Select AutoBackup, select Google Drive.
- YES, allow access.