There are several privacy settings that MUST be set on your school iPad – and several that are your call, but that the iPad guy recommends [unless you LIKE advertisers to know too much about you].
Call up Settings –> Privacy –> Location Services
- Location Services MUST be turned ON
- Meraki MDM must be set to “Always” – click on it and you’ll see the setting
- The other App settings are up to you. You are deciding whether to allow the app to know your location. Personally, I leave them turned off unless there’s a real good reason to leave them on.
At the bottom, click on System Services
- MANDATORY –> Leave Find My iPad turned ON
- Everything else is up to you.
- The iPad Guy recommends leaving Setting Time Zone and Wi-Fi Networking on, and leaving everything else off.
- ESPECIALLY leave the sliders in the “Product Improvement ” section turned off.
At the bottom of the screen [Settings–>Privacy–>Location Services–>System Services] you should see a slider for Status Bar Icon. This puts a little arrow at the top of the screen anytime an app requests your location. It’s nice to know if you are interesting in knowing.
Want to know how to use Find My iPad?