What you’ll be doing is recording your voice using a Mac Laptop and the software Audacity. Below are some detailed instructions.
Move the cursor to the bottom of the screen to see the Dock. Click on the Audacity icon – it’s the yellow waveform surrounded by a pair of headphones.
Once the window open up, look for these buttons, top left. The one on the right will be the record button – click it to start recording.
DO NOT HIT STOP to stop recording – you are supposed to have it all in one file. It’s easiest to just hit the PAUSE button – the one on the left. Click it again to start recording again.
To Export your recording as an MP3 select File menu –> Export Audio……
- The AP Exam instructions will give you the exact filename to use.
- WHERE: Select DESKTOP
- FORMAT: Select “MP3 Files”
- Click the OPTIONS button
These are the settings you’ll want to use:
- Bit Rate Mode: Preset
- Quality: Standard
- Variable Speed: Standard
- Channel mode: Joint Stereo
- Click OK button
Once you hit save you MAY see the metadata dialog. I suggest putting your AP ID number here.
IF you want to go ahead and burn the CD:
- Place the blank CD in the drive.
- Doubleclick the CD icon to open a window.
- Drag the MP3 file into the CD window.
- You should see a “burn” icon next to the CD name on the left side of the window. Click it.