AppleID setup, part one
- Settings –> iCloud
- Click the button to create a new account
- You’ll have a multi-step dance to waltz through. Use your common sense and follow the directions.
- YOUR birthday, but use the year 1971.
Wow, you look GOOD for your age!
- Use your MDS email address [firstname.lastname@example.org] plus your moodle password [or your modified moodle/iCloud password from step 1].
- The security questions are used if you forget your password. You pick them!
- Rescue email: use either your parent’s email, or your personal email address.
- IF you get an error message that says something like “this email address has already been used”:
you have already used your MDS email account on another Apple device.
–> Log in using the fields at the top of the screen. If you don’t know your password, retrieve it [Click the ‘I forgot my password’ button]
iCloud setup, part 2
- Find MAIL app.
- You should an email from Apple. Open it.
- Click on the Verify link
- Login to AppleID site using your mds email address and Moodle/Modified Moodle/iCloud password
- Once that’s done, switch to Settings → iCloud
- Click Storage & Backup button.
- Turn on iCloud Backup.
- Turn on “Find My iPad”
- Web Browser
- go to
- Login using your iCloud account info
- Where is your iPad?