Fire up the App PowerTeacher
Under Global Settings:
- Server Address: sis.mountdesales.net
- Port number: 443
- SSl Enabled: ON
- You do NOT need to “locate district server”
- The other settings are personal preferences. Change them however you like.
- Click the LOGIN button at the top, and login.
When sending an email, it’s handy to have an email address popup as you’re typing. That’s normally what happens when you have someone in your contacts on the ipad…. but there is also a way to have the entire school contact list popup.
- Settings –> Mail, Contact, Calendars
- In the Accounts section, ADD ACCOUNT
- Click the Microsoft Exchange button
- Enter your email address and password. Put something in Description that describes what this is – maybe, “Email List” or “LDAP server”
- Click next. Some additional fields will open up
- Server: m.google.com
- Username and passwords: same as before. Yes, you have to type them again, don’t ask me why!
- Click the Next button. If everything goes as planned you’ll be taken to the next screen, with some sliders. Turn Mail and Calendars OFF, and Contacts ON.
- Click the Done button.
That should do the trick!
Photography Class – Easy Presentations
Photoshop – export to Camera roll
Start Chrome or Google Drive App
Login to your Drive
Switch to Desktop version [link at bottom].
[optional] Create Folder to stash pix in
Click UPLOAD button
Select which photos to upload and make it happen
Click on one photo
Swipe to move between all photos in the folder
Startup Prezi app
Login to Prezi [or create an account]
Select a Template
Edit a Frame – Change the type to photo with title [it’s on the left, bottom of screen]
DO NOT “type to add a title”. Tap somewhere else in the frame
You have no control on the ipad over how the photo is placed in the frame
Photo is placed in the frame automatically
Go to next frame, insert next photo, etc.
When finished, present it.
Click HOME icon, it’ll ask if you want to save it.
Remember to LOGOUT if on Dept. iPad set.
[Use your imagination on what could happen if you don’t.]
- Both Prezi and Google Docs allow you to create on a desktop/laptop and present on the ipad. This would give you more possibilities for design – i.e. adding text, etc along with your pix. Then use the ipad to present your work.
- Another possibility: Draw any text you want and take a picture of it.
- Or you could copy your picture, pull it up into photoshop, add text and notes to it on a layer, save it as a JPG or PNG, upload to Google Drive.